Love potion of the geisha quarter, enchantment of the floating world. The sweet scent of peony has untold charms.
The enchanting peony enjoyed enormous popularity in Edo. Its bewitching form is reminiscent of a beautiful geisha, and gazing upon a peony you can almost hear the music and see the dances of the geisha quarter. This was an exclusive world for the privileged few, and its is said that customers' time spent in tea houses was measured by sticks of incense. The fragrance of the peony, "queen of the flowers" evokes this beautiful and evanescent world.
- No bamboo core for a clean burning, pure scent
- Box includes 60 sticks and a tin incense stand
- Petite, cute package; take 2 to 3 as a gift!
- For refreshment, relaxation, reading, listening to music, yoga, bathing
- Burn Time: Approx. 12 min
- W x H x D (inch): 2 5/8 x 4 x 13/16
Nippon Kodo's devotion to making fine incense follows a long and honored tradition that started more than 400 years ago and can be traced back to Jyuemon Takai, better known as Koju, a skilled artisan in the art and the principal provider of precious rare and exquisite aromas to the Emperor of Japan and his Court.